International Women’s Center, through it’s network of women volunteers, will offer individual counseling and emotional support for women who need it. These counseling sessions can be conducted on individual basis or in a classroom setting and focus on subjects from very basic life skill to more advanced subjects. We understand that not all women had the benefits of someone teaching them life-skills and it is one of our goals to help build not only self-esteem, but also equip all women to succeed in life. Some of the counseling areas that will be offered are as follows:
- Relationships – Education in verbal and non-verbal communications skills; learning to deal with the conflicts in relationships; establishing and setting boundaries in order to have healthy connections with others; defining the needs and goals in various relationships and understanding how to express your feelings towards others.
- Home Life – Understanding priorities, functions, and responsibilities in the home; training and direction in several areas such as: raising children, cooking, cleaning, laundry, decorating, entertainment, sewing and/or being a supportive mate in order to have an effective and comfortable home.
- Career – Assisting in discovering a career that will be personally fulfilling, financially profitable and best suited for your lifestyle; learning to deal with discrimination, promotions and job changes; how to balance a career and family.
- Finances – Teaching and assisting in personal and family budgets including financial goals for current and future years; learning how to get debt-free, manage your finances and have financial security.
- Education – Continuing personal or career education through classes, seminars or the internet; earning certificates, degrees or other documentation of advancement to further educational development for more success in your lifestyle.
- Fashion – Learning to dress appropriately for all occasions including the workplace, school, church, special events, home, etc; understanding the how-to-dress for success, relaxation or for special occasions; training in skin care, make-up, nails and/or pedicures, coordinating outfits and accessories.
- Physical, Emotional & Spiritual Health – Instructing women through classes and seminars on how to develop and attain healthiness in their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual areas; explaining the complexity relationship of the body, soul and spirit and how they are interlaced.
- Spirituality – Teaching purpose and direction in your life through a personal relationship with God; maturing and growing through participation in various spiritual activities and networking with others.
- Social Skills – Assisting women with interrelationships, personality issues, social and moral standards, character assessment and developmental therapy; referrals to therapists, instruction on etiquette and manners, and to gain a general understanding and knowledge of healthy social skills.
If you do not see an area here that you think should be covered, or you would like to become a mentor and/or teacher for one or more of these subjects, please fill out the contact form and let us know what you have in mind.